The process for the application of Birla White WallSeal Waterproof Putty is as follows:
- Remove all the loosely adhering material like, dirt, dust and oil etc. from the surface by using emery paper, putty blade or wire brush.
- Pre-wet the surface using a brush, hose pipe spray or spread the water by using a mug/cane. It is very important to wet the surface during the application.
Mixing of “Waterproof Putty”
Slowly add 1 kg of Waterproof putty with 36-38% clean water (1Kg putty+360-380 ml water) to make paste. Mixing should be carried out by preferably mechanical stirrer (3-5 minutes) to obtain a creamy consistency. Leave the paste for 5 minutes after thorough mixing to get best results. The prepared paste should be used within 3:00 to 3:30 hrs.
Application methods on the substrate/surface
- After thorough mixing apply the first coat of Birla White WallSeal Waterproof Putty on the pre-wetted wall/substrate surface uniformly with the help of putty blade. Ensure that during application substrate surface temperature should not exceed above 40 degree centigrade.
- After drying of first coat of putty rub the surface gently with a wet sponge or very gently with a putty blade in order to remove the loose particles.
- Allow the surface to dry for at least 3-4 hours and then apply the second coat of Birla White WallSeal Waterproof Putty. Leave the surface to dry completely.
- Leave the surface to dry preferably 24 hours (ensure that the surface us fully dry. Depends on climatic conditions) before the application of top coat paint/distemper.
- It is not recommended to rub the putty surface of final coat strongly with rough emery paper. This will break the water repellence properties of Birla White WallSeal Waterproof Putty. However, if there is need to remove unevenness/patches before applying any kind of paint/distemper, gently level the surface with very fine water proofing emery paper of not less than 500 number to get a glossy white surface.
- The total thickness of both the coats should be limited to maximum 1.5 mm.